Baked Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
Traditional Italian flavors in a modern presentation
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- ½ c Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 oz baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ c ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- salt & pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ c marinara sauce
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the parmesan and bread crumbs in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the filling, sauté the spinach with the garlic and olive oil.
- Put the spinach in a bowl and add the ricotta, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pound flat each chicken breast, slice in half and divide the filling amongst each.
- Roll the chicken up, dip in the beaten egg and coat with the breadcrumb mix.
- Place in the baking dish seam side down.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the dish and top with the marinara sauce and slices of mozzarella.
- Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with your choice of sides.