Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Mexican flavors baked into a tortilla
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c salsa verde
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs green onions, chopped
- ¼ c cilantro, chopped
- 2 c cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ c extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- salt & pepper
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine together the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, chilli powder, cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic, green onions, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken and cheese and stir until well combined.
- Warm the tortillas so they are easier to handle.
- Place a few tablespoons of the filling in the lower third of each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Line all the tortillas on the baking sheet with the seams down.
- Lightly spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and sides.