Baked Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipe
Healthy spin on an Asian classic
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- ¾ c sugar
- ½ c apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c ketchup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- ½ c cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ c vegetable oil
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Lightly oil or spray a 9x13 baking dish.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Dice the chicken into 1 inch cubes and cover in the cornstarch.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then place in the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for a couple of minutes or until golden brown.
- Put the chicken in the baking dish and top with the sauce.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken has cooked.
- Toss the chicken every 15 minutes or so to coat the chicken in sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides.