Classic Indian dish with a rich creamy sauce
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- ½ c greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato puree
- ½ c chicken stock
- ½ c thickened cream
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Add the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a bowl.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, coat thoroughly and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Pour the puree and stock into the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer for about 10 minutes as the chicken cooks through and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for a few more minutes until all heated through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.