Chicken Apple Brie Turnovers Recipe
Classic flavors combined in a neat little package
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tbs sage
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs all purpose flour
- ½ c chicken broth
- 2 c chicken breast, shredded
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbs water
- 8 oz brie, sliced
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the onion and apple, cooking until softened.
- Add the sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mix and stir to coat evenly.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to completely cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Roll sheets of puff pastry into approximately 15 by 10 inch rectangles.
- Cut the rectangle into 6, 5 inch squares.
- Brush the edges of the squares with the egg wash.
- Add about ¼ c of the chicken mix in the middle of each square.
- Lay 1 slice of brie on each.
- Fold the squares in half diagonally and pinch the edges together to seal in the filling.
- Crimp the edges with a fork and brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of sides.