Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
A creamy, rich and hearty chowder
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- 3 medium potatoes
- 8 green onions
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 3 c whole milk
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 can (30 oz) corn
- 1 can (15 oz) cream corn
- 2 c roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chillies
- ½ c cheddar cheese, grated
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Peel and cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the green onions into thin pieces and separate the white and green parts.
- In a large pot, fry off the bacon pieces then remove and set aside.
- Add the potatoes and white part of onions into the pot and cook for a few minutes until the onions have softened.
- Sprinkle the flour on top, stir constantly and keep cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, stock, parsley, thyme, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the cans of corn, the chicken and the chillies.
- Cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top and your choice of sides.