Always a fun crowd pleaser
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 8 chicken sausages
- ½ c + 3 tbs all purpose flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 ½ c cornmeal
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of cayenne
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ c buttermilk
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Cut the sausages into the length you would like your corn dogs.
- Insert a toothpick or skewer into each and roll in the 3 tablespoons of flour to coat.
- Heat 3 inches of oil to 350F in a deep heavy pot.
- Whisk together the remaining ½ a cup of flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, cayenne and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in one egg at a time, then the buttermilk.
- Pour some of the batter into a glass to dip your chicken dogs into.
- In batches of 2 or 3, dip in a chicken dog until coated, then fry for about 3 minutes or until the batter is cooked through and golden brown.
- Repeat until all your dogs are fried.
- Serve with your choice of sauces and sides.