Crispy and fragrant chicken treat
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbs ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 c cabbage, shredded
- 1 c carrots, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tbs water
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- In a large pan, add the chicken, ginger and garlic. Separate and brown the chicken until cooked through.
- Mix in the cabbage, carrots and green onion.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour and water to create a paste for sealing the egg rolls.
- Take one egg roll wrapper and lay it with one corner pointing at you.
- Place about ¼ c of the chicken mix in the centre of the wrapper.
- Fold up the bottom corner, then fold the two edges to the centre.
- Brush a bit of the flour paste on the top corner to seal the egg roll and roll closed.
- Repeat process until all egg rolls are wrapped.
- Fry off the egg rolls in a large skillet or fryer.
- Serve with your choice of sauce.