Chicken Florentine Pasta Recipe
A classic chicken pasta dish with a creamy sauce
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz linguine pasta (or your favorite variety)
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 3 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 c fresh spinach leaves
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken.
- Remove from the skillet and carve into thin slices.
- Cook the pasta as per the package directions. Drain the water when cooked.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet.
- Add the flour and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until the garlic has browned.
- Add the milk and broth and stir the mix well with a whisk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Add the cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add the pasta and chicken.
- Toss to combine and serve.