Saucy, lightly breaded chicken breasts
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅔ c rice flour
- ⅓ c cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- ¼ c olive oil
- 4 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz crimini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- ⅔ c sweet marsala wine
- ⅔ c chicken stock
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Flatten eat breast of chicken to about ½ inch thick.
- Combine the rice flour, cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat well.
- Place each chicken piece in the flour mix. Coat thoroughly and shake off the excess.
- Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a platter in a single layer and keep warm.
- Lower the heat on the skillet and add and sauté the prosciutto for a minute.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for a further few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding the wine and boil for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce to a low simmer.
- Allow the sauce to reduce slightly and add the butter.
- Add the chicken back in the skillet for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.