Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits Recipe
Old fashioned chicken pie to warm your tummy
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 c water
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- ½ c onion, chopped
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1 ½ tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (8 biscuits) all purpose flour
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Add the diced chicken, oil, thyme, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Combine well and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a saucepan then add the carrots, celery and onion.
- Boil for 5 minutes then remove the vegetable with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce the heat to allow a low simmer and add the stock to the water.
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of water and add it to the simmering pot.
- Add the cream, chicken and vegetables into the water.
- Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- While the mixture cools, remove the biscuits from the can and roll each into a flat circle about 4 inches in size.
- Line one muffin tin hole with one biscuit. An overhang of about an inch will remain around the hole.
- Ladle ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture into the centre.
- Fold and seal the dough over the filling. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.