Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Bright and flavorful Mexican style soup
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- ½ c elbow pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chillies
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 c shredded chicken breast
- 1 c corn kernels
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Tortilla strips, for serving
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Cook the elbow pasta as per package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the stock, crushed tomatoes, chillies, chilli powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, chicken, corn, cilantro and lime juice and stir until heated through.
- Serve and garnish with tortilla strips.