Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
South American flavors combined in a light bite
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 1 butter lettuce
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers
- 3 tbs adobo sauce
- ½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 c corn kernals
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Separate the lettuce leaves to form cups and rinse well.
- Combine the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cilantro and lime juice in a food processer and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until it is browned and cooked through.
- Add the chipotle paste, corn and bell pepper to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of the mix in each lettuce cup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of green onions and your choice of sides.