Coconut Chicken Strips Recipe
A tropical twist on the classic chicken strip
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c coconut milk
- ½ c panko bread crumbs
- 2 c shredded coconut
- ½ c vegetable oil
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice the chicken into strips of your preferred size.
- Prepare three separate bowls for coating the chicken.
- In one bowl mix the flour and salt together until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together with the milk.
- In the third bowl mix together the panko crumbs and shredded coconut.
- Coat each strip of chicken in the flour mix, then dip in the egg mix followed by a generous coating in the coconut mix.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown off each side of each strip of chicken. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sauces or sides.