Herb Citrus Roasted Chicken Recipe
Flavorful chicken bake accenting citrus notes
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- ¼ c olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 2 oranges, 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 12 pieces bone in, chicken parts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon and orange juices, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken pieces skin side up in a baking dish.
- Pour the oil mix over the chicken, coating every piece all over.
- Arrange the orange and lemon slices over and under the chicken.
- Sprinkle the thyme and rosemary on top and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour or until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.