Honey Roasted Chicken Recipe
Home-style roasted chicken with a sweet glaze
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- ½ tbs salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ c + 1 tbs water
- ¼ c honey
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- ½ c chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs butter, cut in pieces and chilled
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Tuck the chicken wings behind the back and tie the legs together to ensure even cooking.
- Pat dry the chicken and smear evenly with the spice rub over and under the chicken skin.
- Add the cornstarch to the 1 tablespoon of water and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the honey and vinegar to a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture reduces to about a ¼ of a cup.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mix and simmer for a further minute.
- Place the chicken breast side down in a roasting pan and cook for about 35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and carefully flip the chicken over.
- Raise the oven to 450F and pour the 1 cup of water and broth into the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven and roast for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Brush the chicken with a thick layer of glaze and return to the oven for 10 minutes to brown.
- Remove the chicken and brush with the remaining glaze.
- Allow it to rest for about 15 minutes.
- While it rests, pour the pan juices into a saucepan and add the thyme.
- Cook the sauce for about 15 minutes until it reduces and thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, whisk in the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and your choice of sides.