Honey Stout Chicken Skewers Recipe
Chicken skewers with a sweet boozy sauce
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ c honey
- ½ c stout beer
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ c soy sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, honey, stout, red pepper flakes, mustard, soy sauce and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, setting aside the marinade for later, and thread on the skewers.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil then cook the shallots for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the marinade and stir frequently for about 8 minutes until it reduces and thickens.
- Brush a grill or skillet with oil.
- Brush the skewers with the glaze and place on the hot grill or pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, turned and reglazing each side every couple of minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.