Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
Classic soup sure to please the whole family
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (8) cook time (
) preperation (
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ⅔ c fresh white bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ c pecorino cheese, grated
- ¼ c parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 c onion, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 10 c chicken stock
- ½ c dry white wine
- 1 c small pasta (eg tubetini)
- ¼ c fresh dill, minced
- 12 oz baby spinach, washed and trimmed
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To make the meatballs add the chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, pecorino, parmesan, milk, egg, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and combine gently.
- Make meatballs about 1 inch in diameter and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- To make the soup, heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the small pasta.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Add the dill and meatballs and simmer for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add the spinach and simmer for 1 minute until wilted.
- Serve with your choice of sides and an extra sprinkle of parmesan.