Lemon Chicken Romano Recipe
A cheesy, zesty chicken bake
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 c mozzarella, shredded
- 1 c provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1 c romano cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 tbs olive oil
- lemon slices for serving
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half and horizontally and lightly pound until ½ inch thick.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine the mozzarella and provolone cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and flour until smooth.
- In a separate dish, combine the breadcrumbs, romano cheese, oregano, lemon zest and garlic powder.
- Dip each chicken into the egg mix and then press firmly into the breadcrumb mix, ensuring full coverage.
- Heat the oils in a large skillet and seal off the top and bottom of each chicken piece until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and top with the mozzarella mix.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with lemon slices or wedges.
- Serve with your choice of sides.