Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe
Robust stew with the bold flavors of Mexico
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- 1 ½ c chorizo
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 c pineapple, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, quartered lengthwise
- 1 lb potatoes, cubed
- 4 c chicken stock
- ½ c cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 3 tbs capers
- 1 lime, juiced
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Cook the chorizo until browned in a large saucepan. Remove and set aside.
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and once it has cooked, shred the meat.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the onion, carrot and peppers.
- Cook and stir for about 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the pineapple, cumin, thyme, garlic, chipotles, and jalapeno. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Return the chorizo and shredded chicken to the saucepan along with the stock, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the capers and lime juice.
- Serve with your choice of sides.