Mexican Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Quick stir fry inspired by Mexican flavors
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon on the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken, season well with salt and pepper and cook and stir until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet and add the onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, oregano and pepper flakes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until it has softened.
- Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and diced tomatoes and cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your choice of sides.