Mushroom Chicken Risotto Recipe
Rich and sensual earthy risotto
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 5 to 6 c chicken stock
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- ½ c onions, chopped
- 1 ½ c arborio rice
- ½ c dry white wine
- ½ c parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Place the stock in a saucepan and bring it to a slow simmer.
- Add the butter to a large pan and cook off the mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan, season well with salt and pepper and cook until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove the chicken mix from the pan.
- Add the oil and onions to the pan and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the rice starts becoming opaque.
- Pour the wine into the pan and stir continuously until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add ½ a cup of the broth and continue stirring frequently as the rice absorbs the broth.
- The rice should bubble gently, as you continue to add ½ a cup of the broth after the previous half cup has been absorbed.
- Continue this process for about 25 to 30 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the cooked chicken mix, parmesan and parsley.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and your choice of sides.