Persian Chicken Stew Recipe
Exotic, middle eastern hearty stew
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (6) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 lb green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Add the oil to a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onions until softened.
- Add the garlic and turmeric and cook for a few more minutes while stirring well.
- Place the chicken, cumin, cinnamon, crushed red pepper in the saucepan and season well with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and top up with water until all the ingredients in the saucepan are just covered.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer on low for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Saute the green beans lightly with some oil in a frying pan.
- Add the beans and lime juice to the saucepan.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning or add more water if needed.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken pieces and beans are tender and the tomato sauce has thickened.
- Serve with your choice of sides.