Swedish Chicken Meatballs Recipe
A Scandinavian classic using chicken meatballs
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 ½ lb chicken meatballs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 ½ c chicken stock
- 2 tbs mustard
- 3 tbs Worcester sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tbs dried parsley
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Add the butter to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the meatballs, season with salt and pepper to taste and brown well all over.
- Remove the meatballs and keep them warm.
- Tilt your skillet to the side to pool the remaining fat and butter.
- Whisk in the flour until you form a smooth paste.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil while stirring well.
- After a few minutes add the mustard, Worcester sauce and honey.
- Turn the heat down and add the cream.
- Mix well then add the meatballs to your gravy mixture.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve with your choice of sides.