Thai Chicken Satay Recipe
The flavors of Asia combined in a tasty treat
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 12 wooden skewers
- ½ c coconut milk
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- ¾ c coconut milk
- 1 tbs red chilli sauce
- 3 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Soak the skewers in water as you prepare the food.
- For the chicken marinade, add the ½ cup of coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, 1 teaspoon of sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Toss in the diced chicken ensuring each piece is evenly coated. Set aside.
- To make the peanut sauce, heat the remaining ¾ cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- Add the red chilli sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar, vinegar and fish sauce.
- Continue to simmer the mixture to thicken to your desired consistency.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Heat and oil a grill or fry pan and cook off the chicken skewers until just cooked.
- Serve with the peanut sauce and your choice of sides.