Vietnamese Caramel Chicken Recipe
Quick and easy sweet asian chicken main
Chicken Recipe Ingredients
serves (4) cook time (
) preperation (
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 to 3 Thai chillies, sliced (depending on heat wanted)
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ c water
- 6 green onions, sliced
Chicken Recipe Instructions
- Chop the chicken into large cubes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown off the chicken pieces.
- Push the chicken to the sides and add the garlic, ginger, shallots and chillies to the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, sugars and pepper.
- Stir the chicken together with the softened garlic mix and then pour the fish sauce over it all.
- Boil for a minute or two and then add the water.
- Adjust the heat to a low simmer and finish cooking the chicken and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add the green onions.
- Serve with your choice of sides.